Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Why Blog?


Why write - furthermore, why start a blog?  Blogging is a simple yet effective way I can successfully share ideas  and experiences with others. I know that I will not come up with anything new or mind-blowing, but perhaps my experience can help others.

I have fibromyalgia, in addition to several comorbidities While fibromyalgia (also known as fibromyalgia syndrome, or FMS) is not a terminal affliction, it is sometimes progressive, and it has a strong impact on the cognitive functions of many of the afflicted. For me, the cognitive dysfunction has become astounding. My life keeps slipping by, faster and faster... until I can’t even remember my home phone number. Therefore, I am constantly writing, listing and scheduling. Names, information, lists and thoughts written into notebooks, planners and apps populate my days. Without them, I fear I might only remember to do what I need to do to maintain my basic human needs (food, shelter, and most importantly - sleep).

Therefore, part of the blogging process is self-motivated and cathartic. However, as someone recently diagnosed (July 2012), I hope that this blog will help me to share my experience with fibromyalgia, how it has affected my life, and how I am navigating the medical system as well as my own life as a 24-year old woman, in order to help others who may also be struggling with FMS and related conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment